Header Ads

test

Conte Apologises, Misses Luiz


Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has apologised for the incident that saw him sent to the stands during his side's 1-0 win over Swansea City on Wednesday.


Conte lost his cool during the first half at Stamford Bridge, with fourth official Lee Mason taking the brunt of the Italian's anger over what he perceived to be blatant time-wasting from the visitors.

The Chelsea boss had to watch the remainder of the game from the dressing room as Antonio Rudiger scored the only goal to give the Blues victory.

"After the game I think it's right to apologise," Conte said in his press conference, per Football.London. "I saw that Swansea was wasting time. I said this to the fourth official. I was frustrated. I tried to tell again. Then the referee took this decision. I apologise for this.

Conte will likely receive a touchline ban for his antics and could receive a suspension before Chelsea's lunchtime clash against Newcastle United on Saturday. Asked if he was worried about a ban, Conte said: "I told you what happened. I shouted this after a few times I saw the same concept."


Conte is not the only Chelsea star who could miss Newcastle's visit to Stamford Bridge; defender David Luiz may miss the clash due to a knee injury that saw him miss the clash with Swansea. Conte was pessimistic over the Brazilian's chances of facing Rafa Benitez's side.

"Now it is very difficult [for Luiz]," Conte said. "He had liquid in his knee and we have to assess his recovery on the time, I hope to not lose him for a lot of time and I need to have all my players."



No comments