Header Ads

test

The Devil Pushed Me, Says Carpenter Who Raped 85 Year Woman



A carpentry apprentice Kehinde Ariyo 29, may go for spiritual counseling, as his inability to control sexual urge has landed him in police custody in Osogbo, Osun State capital. 

He was arrested for allegedly raping an 85 years old woman, (names withheld) at her residence in Ogudu area of Ilesa, Osun State on October 27, 2017.


But Ariyo claimed that the devil pushed him to commit the act. He told CRIME TRACKER how he got into Mama’s house. He said he had been sacked by his master, but did not give reason what led to his sack. 

According to him, "my oga just chased me away from work and that night I attended a party. I stayed late at the party and on my way home I decided to sleep over at Mama’s place. I knew her and she also recognized me. So I knocked at her door and she opened for me.

 I explained to her that I couldn't go home that night because it was around 11.30pm.
"Mama told me to sleep on a couch. I was already drunk and did not know what happened after that."
 “l don’t know what came upon me. I don’t know how it happened. Mama was very nice to me. I was drunk when it happened. It is devil’s work,” he lamented.

Osun State Commissioner of Police Fimihan Adeoye who earlier paraded him before journalists, said the suspect gained access to the old woman's house at11.40pm on October 27, 2017, before forcing her to bed, The police said, grandma was in coma due to injuries she sustained.


Explaining his intimacy with the grandmother who is old enough to be his grandmother, Ariyo recalled that she often sent him on errands and gave him money in return.

He claimed that grandma was not in coma. His words: "I only had two rounds with her and she did not faint. I was arrested the next day after I was woken up. Some people poured water on me before I woke up and saw policemen." Ariyo told CRIME TRACKER.

The police boss explained that the victim was rescued by neighbours after she raised an alarm. The neighbours late took her to a hospital where she regained her consciousness.

She was later discharged after four days in hospital.
All efforts to get mama narrate her ordeal proved abortive, as she was said to have been relocated by her children to an unknown destination.

But a female neighbor to mama who pleaded anonymity expressed disgust saying, “I didn’t expect the suspect to have perpetrated such act; it was strange,”.
The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mrs. Folasade Odoro told CRIME TRACKER that the command had concluded investigations on the matter and the suspect would soon be arraigned before the court.

No comments